Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Toy Organization

I have a system of baskets and buckets for organizing toys, but still the house tends to look like this:


The kids will help put away toys, if I ask, but I rarely ask them to because I like to have them put away a certain way. When the kids clean up, they throw everything into a big pile and call it done and it drives me crazy. I have gone through their toys since the holidays and stored away things that they are too old for and thrown out everything that was broken or missing pieces. I refuse to do any other organizing of toys as it just causes me too much frustration.

Rather than skipping out on an organizing challenge, I decided to organize my pile of scrapbooking paper scraps. This is a picture of all of my scraps of scrapbooking paper which I usually just throw in a pile under my desk.

Luckily, I received a tote for scrapbooking supplies from my sister-in-law for Christmas and it had a large section in the middle that would be perfect for my scraps. I organized all of the papers by color and placed them in the middle of the tote. It took me about 30-45 minutes to sort through all of the papers, but hopefully this will help me to be able to more easily locate certain colored papers when I am scrapbooking and also prevent me from cutting a fresh sheet when I could use up scraps.

I love my new tote and can't wait to find items to place in the remaining pockets!

I am linking to A Bowl Full of Lemons 21 Day Organizational Challenge.

No comments: