Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tupperware Cabinet

My tupperware cabinet, though large, is not very user friendly. Half of the cabinet space is inside the wall and not accessible unless everything on the shelf in front of it is removed. I try to keep the items that are not used as often in this space, but it is very difficult to keep things organized. Though I do not have a lot of tupperware, I do have a lot of plastic containers (frosting, butter and ice cream packaging to name a few) that I reuse rather than recycle.



After pulling everything out of the cabinet, I recyled or threw away all of the food containers/lids that were broken or missing pieces. I then organized all of the containers and lids by size and shape and stacked them up. Finally, I put them neatly back into the cabinet.



It is ridiculous that I was sorting through all of those lids when I ended up throwing half of them out because the bowls were missing and vice versa. I may have to invest in some of those hanging baskets to separate the lids inside the cabinet door and open up the bottom shelf so that I can get to things in the back of the cabinet without removing everything from the shelf in front of it.
I am linking to A Bowl Full of Lemons 21 Day organization challenge.

No comments: