Saturday, January 1, 2011

Organizing the Junk Drawer

I am a self-proclaimed neat freak. I love cleaning, it is just very therapuetic for me. When I saw the 21 Day Get Organized Challege from A Bowl Full of Lemons, I decided that it would be a fun way for me to clean house while also giving me content for my blog. Yesterdays' challenge was to clean out your junk drawer. I have an organizer tray in my junk drawer, so it was pretty organized already. Here is my junk drawer:



As my junk drawer was already organized, I decided to look at my utensil drawer. I always have trouble finding what I need because it is so jam packed. Why I keep so much stuff in there when I have a utensil jar as well as a knife block on my kitchen counter, is due to my inability to give away things that I might need in the future.




I pulled everything out of the drawer and put back in only the items that I use. I threw away 2 attachments to my hand mixer that I never use. I also pulled out 7 knives, which were all duplicates to ones in my knife block, to take to Goodwill. When I was finished the drawer looked like this:



I can definitely find things much easier than I could before! And I am never going to miss those knives that I have held onto for the past 7 years!

No comments: