Monday, January 17, 2011

Deep Cleaning

I'm getting a little bit of a jump start on my spring cleaning to go along with all of the organizing I have been doing this month. The other day, I pulled all of the couch cushions off of the couch and revealed this:

Can you see all the crumbs that had fallen underneath the cushions! Gross! Here is a closer look:

I vaccumed everything up and also vaccumed the cushions before placing them back on the couch. Where possible I rotated the cushions to a different spot on the couch and turned them around to reduce the wear and tear. We have favorite spots on our couch so certain areas definitely get more worn out than others. I hadn't done this since we moved in almost 18 months ago.

While I had the vaccum cleaner out, I also dusted a wicker ceiling fan in our master bedroom. The dust settles into all of the cracks and crevices in the weaved wicker and was seriously an inch thick. The room feels so much fresher now and I don't have to worry about dust bunnies falling down onto our bed the next time we use it.

No comments: