Sunday, January 9, 2011

Linen Closet

Our linen closet is a floor to ceiling closet located in the master bathroom. In addition to being the linen closet, it is also a medicine cabinet.



I had recently gone through it and thrown out medicines that were outdated and donating items that we no longer used. It definitely needed to be better organized, so I went shelf to shelf and refolded items or grouped like items together to make them easier to find. I worked at a hotel several years ago where I learned the best method for folding those tricky fitted sheets. Here is a pictorial of how to fold fitted sheets:
1: Place your hands inside of the corners. I prefer to do this with the insides out.

2: Place one corner on top of the other and pull down so that the edges line up.

3: Repeat steps 1 & 2 with the opposite corners.
4: Put the four corners together and lay on flat surface.

5: Fold the sheet into thirds.



6: Fold this into thirds.



Now you have a nicely folded fitted sheet which will stack better in your linen closet. This even worked with my thick mattress cover.
After regrouping and refolding things, my closet looked like this:

I am linking to A Bowl Full of Lemons 21 day organization challenge.

No comments: