Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paper Crafting Easter Decor

I have very little in the way of decor for Easter. Of course I have my stick wreath which I change out for every season. You can see my 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas wreaths here. I had a purple and green ribbon for it, but it just looked too boring and bland. I found some coordinating scrapbook papers in purples, greens and blues and freehanded an egg shape which I used as a template. After cutting out all of the eggs, I slid some of the eggs into the wreath using twigs to hold the eggs in place. Immediately, it looked much more interesting, but I had something else up my sleeve! I then dug through my scrapbook paper scraps and created a little paper bunny to peek out of my wreath.

He is so stinking cute! I love it!
I had several paper eggs left, so I decided to create a garland much like the candy corn garland I created for Halloween (I just realized that I never posted pics of this garland, bad blogger). I cut out the letters to spell, "Happy Easter" and "Welcome Spring". I glued the letters to the eggs and then hot glued the eggs to a coordinating ribbon to create a garland. I hung one from my mantle:

I used the other garland on the china hutch in our dining room:

This project cost me no money because I had all of the supplies on hand. This is the second time that I have used my scrapbook papers to create holiday decor in my home and I think that I will probably be making a paper garland for each holiday. These little touches really helped to bring a little bit of the brightness of spring into our home and also a little bit of whimsy for the kids. I have another project that I would like to attempt for spring, but am waiting to get together the supplies. Do you decorate for Spring/Easter? How?

No comments: