Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Duct tape and diaper wipes wallet

While cleaning out my beach bag recently, I found an empty plastic diaper wipes case. I was about to throw it away when I thought that it could make a cute wallet!


I have been dying to find a use for the zebra print duct tape since Allison from House of Hepworths showed off the adorable storage containers she made for her daughters room.
I ran straight to my local WalMart and purchased a roll of the zebra print duct tape. First I cut out a piece of paper to cover up the Huggies label. Then I simply cut strips long enough to go across the case lengthwise and fold under the edge, overlapping them slightly. When finished with the outside, I used some black electrical tape on the inside to cover up the uneven edges of the zebra tape. I also inserted a ribbon for a closure as the tape prevented the case from closing completely.


My 4 year old daughter saw the wallet and immediately wanted it for her own! My husband on the other hand, had this to say, "Congratulations, you are now the owner of a duct tape, diaper case wallet."


I think that it looks cute with my purse and therefore I like it!

I am linking this project to Hooking up with HOH.

No comments: