Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gallery Wall

Awhile back, I began my gallery wall in our basement stairwell with a grouping of 5 frames. Since then I have been collecting frames from Goodwill. On a recent trip, I found about 10 frames! Score! Several months and about $40 later, my gallery wall is really filling out. I would still like to add a few more frames here and there, but for the most part, it is finished!

After hanging up all of the frames, with some of my most favorite pictures, I kept walking past my gallery wall and just smiling! I am such a dork, but it makes me so happy to see all of these wonderful memories out to be enjoyed daily! Included in the wall are baby pictures of both kids, pictures from my wedding, family photos of my husband and I's families growing up, a 5 generation picture taken after my daughter was born, and memories from when my husband and I were dating.

I started out spray painting all of the frames to match in the same silver finish, but really liked the look of all the different finishes mixed together. I kept them similiar by choosing frames that were ornate or textured.

Though there is no right or wrong, I was very worried about the layout of the gallery wall. In the end, it worked best for me to keep the frames in columns. I tried to mix it up so that there were a mixture of sizes and shapes in each column.
I would still like to add some moulding and paint to the gallery wall, but for now it makes me very happy!

No comments: