Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ready for Spring

Like many people, I am sooooo tired of winter! I love winter and snow, but by this time of year, I am sick of the dark and cold! Thankfully, my brother-in-law and his fiancee gave us a wonderful excuse to escape the wintry tundra we live in and travel to a warm oasis. We travelled to Chicago just 2 days after receiving 18 inches of snow and flew to Jamaica for their destination wedding.


Our backyard before the great blizzard of 2011.

Jamaica immediately after the blizzard.

The kids playing in the snow.

A relaxing retreat for two on the beach.


The kids enjoying playing in the wonderful white snow!

My husband and I soaking up some sun and enjoying some relaxing couple time.

This past weekend temperatures in our area reached the 40's. It was warm enough that we actually donned sweatshirts instead of heavy winter jackets to go outside. We even drove with the windows down, just briefly, but they were down and we weren't freezing! I hope that mother nature is not messing with us and that Spring really will be here soon!

No comments: