Thursday, February 17, 2011

Living Room changes

I don't know where my obsession with having faux greenery in my house came from, but faux plants and trees were some of the first things I wanted to buy for our very first house. I had greenery on top of my kitchen cabinets, in baskets and vases, everywhere. I remember bringing a faux tree into our home and thinking that it completed our living room, while my husband just shook his head in disbelief. I found a place for the tree in each of our houses and absolutely loved it. That is until recently. For some reason it has never really fit in this house. I am not sure if that is because my style has changed and I outgrew my love for faux greenery or if it really just does not fit in this house. Here is a picture of our living room with the faux tree.

Never mind the toys that I pushed together almost out of sight of the camera, seriously!

I have always hated how the tree is crammed into the small space between the couch and ladder shelf. I am also OCD and kind of nuts about things being symmetrical. The tree at the end of the couch threw off the art and pictures on the rest of the wall.

Here is the living room after removing the tree:


I plan to buy a new black frame so that the frames are all the same color, but otherwise I love the space without the tree.

Sidenote: I tried desperately to find another spot in the house for the tree, but it just didn't work. For now it is sitting in the attic, but I have a feeling it will be garage sale bound come spring.

No comments: