Friday, May 7, 2010

Personal Shopper

My sister recently moved into a home that she and her husband had built. The house has lots of potential and she is looking to decorate it on a budget. One area in particular is calling out for something- a large cutout/shelf in the living room wall. We did some shopping while they were still building the house and she told me that she would like to get some large jute vases to put in this cubby. We found some at Kohl's that were $30 to $50 each, definitely out of the price range. I have told her that we could look for some large glass vases to cover in jute ourselves, like The Thrifty Decor Chick, but my sister is a little scared of do-it-yourself projects. Well, recently I went to Goodwill to drop off some of my husband's clothes that he was no longer using. While I was there, I decided to go in and browse. I looked through the kids clothes on my way to the home decor. I was just browsing the shelves when a jute vase about 3-4 feet tall caught my eye at the end of the aisle. I grabbed it up without even looking at the price knowing that it was perfect. When I did look at the price tag, the $10.38 seemed kind of high for Goodwill, but I knew it was still too good a deal to pass up. I wanted to suprise her with it when I went to visit this weekend, but I was too excited to keep the secret for more than a few hours. I can't wait to take it to her this weekend and see how good it looks in her house! Just call me a personal shopper, if I know of something that you are looking for for your house, I will be looking for it while doing my shopping just as if it were for my own house!

No comments: