Monday, May 24, 2010

Mother's Day Flowers

Mother's Day was already weeks ago, but I finally got out and took some pictures of the beautiful hanging flower baskets that Randy and the kids got me.



I absolutely love them! The main reason that I love them is that I can just toss them when they die and buy new ones the next year. The previous owners did a wonderful job planting a variety of plants and flowers in the raised bed underneath the deck, but I do not have a green thumb. Thankfully, this year it looks like everything grew in, despite my worst efforts. I actually pushed all of the leaves off of the deck and into the flower beds this past fall. I hate weeding and my weekly attempt to weed all of the grass and other weeds out of the bed have pretty much been in vain. Hopefully everything will continue to grow back in the coming years!

No comments: