Monday, July 5, 2010

Country Kitchen Update

When we first saw our house there was bright yellow floral fabric in the insets of the cabinets and yellow paint on the walls. There were also antique kitchen utensils hanging on every wall surface! The room is very small and all of that bright color and decor was very overwhelming.


Almost immediately after moving in I removed the fabric from the insets of the cabinets and the room felt so much bigger and brighter instantly. Unfortunately I pulled some of the paint off of the cabinets with the fabric, so I decided to give all of the cabinets a fresh coat of bright white cabinet paint. You can see in this picture that most of the paint was pulled off of the far left cabinet when I pulled off the fabric.

I then used some tan paint that was leftover from our entryway to neutralize the wall color. I believe that the kitchen still has a country feel to it, but in a more traditional and modern way.


Someday in the future we plan on knocking down the wall between the kitchen and four seasons room to expand the kitchen and give us more room. For now the kitchen is at least updated and more closely fits our style all for the cost of some paint and a little bit of elbow grease.

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I adore white kitchens. I think the next house will be a white kitchen. Still talking Ryan into that one. =)