Friday, August 12, 2011

Monogrammed Door Mat

I finally threw away the door mat that we received as a wedding gift almost a decade ago. It was sun-faded and falling apart. Nasty! I did not know those things were so expensive until I tried to replace it. If you want something substantial and cute, it will cost you at least $25. I really liked the monogrammed ones at Bed, Bath and Beyond but was unwilling to spend the money.

I found a plain and inexpensive one at Walmart and decided to dress it up. I have seen lots of painted and spray painted rugs in blogland and decided to give it a try. I had a "W" magnet that I thought would be the perfect size for a monogram on the mat.

I taped off the area around the "W" and sprayed it with some gloss black spray paint. It took about 3 coats to get the coverage that I wanted, though I think that I would have used flat paint if I had had some on hand.



This quick project really helped to make our front door a little more welcoming.

No comments: