Saturday, March 27, 2010

Franklin Grove, Il- Second Home

Our next house was my absolute favorite house and the kind of house I have lusted after as an adult. It was a two story home with a porch that spanned the entire length of the front of the house with a wooden swing on one end. Upon entering the house you encountered a beautiful wood staircase. To the right of the entryway was a living room. Straight through the entryway was the formal dining room (though it was never very formal, as it mostly contained our toys) and a bathroom. The back of the house contained another eating area, kitchen, and mudroom. Upstairs there were three bedrooms and a bathroom.

While we lived here, my father travelled a lot selling insurance. My mother kept her job in Dubuque, IA and would spend the week with my grandmother and my three youngest siblings at her home. She would leave early Monday morning and come back late Friday nights. As a result of this arrangement, my brother and I were left with a babysitter the majority of the time. As you can imagine,this arrangement did not work out for very long. After finishing 1st grade, in 1988, we picked up and moved to Elizabeth, IL.

No comments: